When it come to gift, there is nothing better than giving flowers.
But the problem is what kind of flowers to you give? And on What occassion?
Though the meanings differ slightly from country to country, most flowers have traditional meanings that have been understood throughout the centuries by those who have sent and received them. Flowers can send messages to people without the need for any words. Once you understand what each type of flower means, you will be able to choose the most appropriate ones for any occasion.
Valentine's Day is the most popular day to send flowers. It is a day when messages of many different kinds of love are sent. Roses are very popular for this day. Most people send red, thinking that the color is traditional. But roses of different colors send different messages. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Red roses mean perfect love or respect
- Yellow roses mean gladness, joy or friendship
- Whites roses mean purity
- White and pink roses mean I still love you and I always will
- Pink roses mean perfect happiness
- Red and white roses mean unity
Mother's Day is the second most popular day to send flowers. There are several that are favorites for this day. Roses, Orchids, Lilies, Chrysanthemums, Tulips and Irises are often given on this day. A very nice thing to do is to make a bouquet of the flower meanings that you want to share with your mother. Here are some to consider:
- Pale pink roses mean grace and joy
- A bouquet of full bloom roses means gratitude
- Orchids mean beautiful lady and mature charm
- White lilies mean majesty
- Chrysanthemums mean you are a wonderful friend or I wish you joy and rest
- Yellow tulips means there is sunshine in your smile
- Irises mean faith, hope, wisdom and valor
For any Wedding Anniversary, roses are by far the most appropriate gift. There is also a tradition of different flowers for each year of marriage. The most important years are listed:
- 1st Anniversary- Red and white roses for unity
- 5th Anniversary- A Bonsai or Topiary plant for stability
- 10th Anniversary- Pink roses for perfect happiness
- 25th Anniversary- Sterling silver roses for love at first sight on the Silver Wedding Anniversary
- 50th Anniversary- Yellow roses for joy and gladness on the Golden Wedding Anniversary
Birthday flowers are fun to choose. For her, Daisies, Lilies, Tulips, Gerberas or Roses are lovely. You could also send a basket of Violets or a mixed bouquet of seasonal flowers. For him, a mixed bouquet of daisies, mums and gerberas is very nice.
New Baby bouquets of daisies, roses and baby's breath and delphinium in pink colors for girls, blue colors for boys or yellow for either are classic gifts.
Funeral flowers are generally large and easy to see. Colors are often lavender and white, but the favorite colors of the deceased person often are chosen as well. Flowers are often calla lilies, lilies, white gladioli, stocks, roses, heather, larkspur and Bells of Ireland. Fragrant and long-lasting blooms are best.
Thank You flowers give you a chance to let people know you appreciate their kindness. Sunflowers, daisies and roses top the list.
Get Well flowers are most often a brightly colored basket of assorted blooms such as carnations, daisies, sunflowers, roses or violets. Some people prefer to give small plants that don't require much water, such as succulent or cactus gardens, because hospital and nursing home staff do not have time to water plants.
Teacher Appreciation Week is a nice time to give a mixed bouquet of spring flowers. Sunflowers, daisies and Lilies are popular choices.
When it come to apologizing to someone, flowers is the ideal gift.
- Lily - Rejuvenation of your bond
- Red Roses - To Loved Ones
- Yellow Roses - To Friendship
Regardless of the occasion, what you choose can also be very personal based on the personality and tastes of the person who will receive your gift. Ultimately, your thoughtful floral gift will always be appreciated.
Start shopping online today at D'Petals to choose the right flower for each ocassion.